Friday, March 2, 2012

Just call me grandma.


As of late, I've been completely obsessing about crocheting.  I know, I know.  Go ahead, call me a grandma.  I used to think the same thing.  But, hold your horses cowboy.  Did you see those cute little hats with ears, or the cute little flower on the ear warmer?!  How adorable are they?!  Who wouldn't want their little kid to have handmade booties?!  My eyes have been opened.  I have now opened up a complete new crafting door that leads to this lovely realm of crocheting!  I have already tackled two projects (the ear warmer and one version of an infinity scarf) and I must say, I'm starting to get the hang of it!  I have now completed 7, count 'em 7, infinity scarves and two ear warmers with flowers on them.   My next project to attempt is a toddler hat with a little bow or flower on it.  I'm trying to become a pro at it so I can sell some at the next Arts & Crafts Festival that's near us!  Kind of daunting to think about doing my first ever craft festival, but I'm sure I'll love it once I get the chance to have some experience!  It always seems so scary when you try something new and, most of the time, it turns out even better than you expected!  So, let's keep our fingers crossed!

On another note, I get to see my family this weekend!!!  Sooo excited to celebrate my nephew's first birthday with the entire family up in Indiana!  Let's just hope these storms that are supposed to hit central KY don't interfere with our weekend plans! 

HAPPY FRIDAY!  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment