Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bloom.


I have been an avid follower of Kelle Hampton's blog Enjoying the Small Things ever since the day I read the birth story of her little girl, Nella, almost 2 years ago now.  I was hooked from that day on; reading her blog posts almost daily, and was soo excited to hear that she was writing a book.  And, for those of you who know me, this is pretty monumental... you know, that I would actually read a book from cover to cover!  I'm not one who can get 'lost in a book' for hours on end, unlike my mother who you might as well forget about getting her attention when she has a book in her hand.  To make a long story short, her second daughter, Nella, was unexpectedly born with Downs Syndrome.  In her book Bloom, Kelle takes us through the whirlwind of real, raw emotions that she went through right after first laying eyes on her precious little girl.  Having a brother who has Downs made this book extra special to me.  Not only is it about Downs but, more importantly, it's about 'Finding Beauty in the Unexpected' and overcoming any heartache that life may bring your way.   THIS LINK to NBC's website will take you to a post that explains a little more and even gives you a little sneak peak of the book! 

You can purchase the book on Amazon.  Trust me, it's totally worth it.

******

On another note, sorry I have neglected the blog over the past few weeks.  I haven't really done anything awe-inspiring or had any 'i've gotta share that' moments in a while, but I promise to make myself stay more accountable.  I've been taking a break from crafting for one reason or another (besides crocheting a few scarves), but hope to get back into the swing of this shortly!  I have plans to 1.)Stencil a wall in our bathroom, 2.)Attempt one of my first sewing projects without my mom's assistance, 3.)Recover a dress form I got from the thrift store a few weeks back, and 4.)Make some of my own fabric-covered window cornices! 

No comments:

Post a Comment