Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fabric Art.

About a month ago, as I was preparing for my brother's family to stay with us for about a week over the holidays, I knew I had to do a few projects to spruce up the empty walls a bit.  Here's one project I did.






I used fabric swatches that I had laying around, an old 16 x 20 canvas, paint, and mod podge.  You could even do this with some extra scrapbook paper too!  Even though I don't have any pictures from the process, it's pretty simple.  Paint the canvas, cut scrap fabric while paint is drying (the good about this project is that your cuts don't have to be perfect! I think the raw edges make it look more cute and organic anyways), place your cut fabric, then mod podge away once you have your fabric the way you want it.  I plan on doing more of these in the future with different fabrics and patterns, so be on the lookout!    

No comments:

Post a Comment