Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Handmade Wedding Gift, Numero Dos

You may remember this post from a few months ago of a personalized wedding gift that I made for one of my friends.  Well, I finally finished my second handmade wedding gift (a couple weeks late) for our friends Jeremy and Joanna Hunter.  I had to wait a few weeks after their wedding to actually make the gift since I planned on using one of their wedding photos... so that's my excuse for the gift being 3 months late and I'm sticking to it! Once again, sorry for the bad quality photos, I had to snap a few shots of the finished product with my phone just before giving them their gift before they left town!

 

Materials needed:
-Paint
-Foam Brush
-Ribbon
-Scrapbook Paper
-Alphabet Stickers
-3-8x10 canvases
-Mod Podge

All you have to do is follow this tutorial over at blue cricket design for the photo canvas, paint the other two canvases a color of your choice, apply stickers, mod podge over the paint and stickers, add ribbon, then you're done!  

Unfortunately, the stickers part wasn't that simple for me.  I found some alphabet stickers at the Dollar Tree that were silver and rainbow heart stickers at Michaels.  Seeing how I wasn't going for the 70's retro style, I had to paint the stickers yellow then mod podge over them so the paint wouldn't chip and they would be more secure on the canvas. 

As always, you can personalize this project by adding more photos, a quote, or anything that's significant to you.  I chose to do the couple's initials and the date they got married (I couldn't resist leaving the date out 9.10.11, how cute?!).   


 


 Go and be crafty!

Much love,
Stephanie P.

No comments:

Post a Comment