Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crochet: Take Two.

scarf love

Just dropping by to share a few lovely scarves in lieu of my newly-found love obsession for crocheting.  My good friend, Tamara, attempted to teach me how to crochet a beanie once at summer camp and, needless to say, mine looked nothing like hers did.  It was pretty much a disaster, unless your head is shaped like this !  It wasn't pretty.  But recently, I discovered the greatness that is known as YouTube.  I haven't been one to look things up on YouTube very often, except when I visit with the niece and nephew and am struggling for ways to keep them entertained, but when I found out that a friend had taught herself how to crochet a circle scarf via YouTube, I thought it was worth a shot.  Now, I CANNOT put down my crocheting needle.  It's the perfect thing to do while catching up on your favorite tv show or watching a movie!  I'm so glad that I finally got up the courage to take another stab at crocheting.  You should do it too!  The materials are pretty reasonably priced (depending on what type of yarn you use) and I was very surprised at how fast I got the hang of it, now it took some time to get the rows straight and what-not, but it's definitely worth it in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Youtube has some awesome tutorials! Thats how I learned how to use my moby wrap. You should teach me how to crochet. I could make cute baby shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can teach you at craft night!! :)

    ReplyDelete