Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend with Emily

A week or so ago I got something that most aunts only dream of.  I got to spend an entire weekend with my precious little niece, Emily!  I'd like to think I'm not biased when I say this but she is the cutest little 2 1/2 year old I know.  I have found that this age is so great.  Kids at this age are so entertaining, (mostly) potty-trained, entertain themselves, and they are such fun company!  I would put Emily down for a nap a little after lunch time, and let me tell you, baby girl knows how to nap.  She would sleep for like 2 hours and I halfway found myself wanting to go wake her up due to my boredom of being home alone and because I knew that some quality 'i'm halfway still asleep' cuddle time on the couch would be just around the corner.  I swept my selfish desires aside and turned on just one more episode of Property Brothers and House Hunters to preoccupy my time.   I just knew when she woke up, we were going to have  fabulous time together watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, carving a pumpkin, and making a trip to the store to find a few things to spoil little miss Emily (because... that's what aunts are for... right?!).  Well, here are a few pictures from our lovely weekend together.  I even managed to capture a few of my handsome nephew, AJ, before I had to escape back to Lexington Sunday evening.


          
 
    
I always enjoy some good quality family time.  It may help a little that these little ones are just so darn cute!

That's all for now!

Much love,
Stephanie P.

No comments:

Post a Comment