Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Recreate

As I was browsing Pinterest  (surprise, surprise) a few weeks ago, I came across this wreath, thought it was cute, so I decided that it would be the perfect project to adorn our new house!  With a few tweaks, I made my own rendition with green and purple hues.  Here's how to do it:
 
Materials:
   1)  Wreath (I got mine at Micheal's with one of their 40% off coupons for under $5)
   2)  Wooden numbers (you could also do an initial or letters of some sort)
   3)  Paint to paint your numbers/letters
   4)  Glue gun with glue sticks
   5)  Fake flowers (taken off of the stems; also keep some of the leaves to use as a filler) (I got mine from 
        the $1 store and used 3 or 4 bundles)

The process is quite simple:
   1)  Paint your numbers/letters (allow them to dry)
   2)  Start gluing your flowers! (I started randomly placing some leaves towards the edges and then 
        placed the flowers down)  *You might want to place your flowers down before gluing, just to make 
        sure you like the placement.  
   3)  Once all of your flowers are glued down and in place, glue your numbers/letters down.
   4)  Hang your wreath!


My finished Project!

 
This is a really versatile project and can be personalized for gifts as well!  Since the flowers are glued on, you should be able to easily reuse the wreath to change things up a bit from season to season.  (I also thought about using wire to attach the flowers, it just seemed like too much trouble... but that's another option if you know you'll want to reuse the wreath).  It also costs around $10 (if you use your coupons!! : ) )   

Much love,
Stephanie P.

No comments:

Post a Comment